Wednesday 1 December 2010

AUTUMN LEAVES........

....Late for this year, or am I extremely early for next year?
I'm not sure,
just woke up in an autumn mood lol.


OK, to the post at hand,
how appropriate for me is the challenge over at
Simon says stamp and show blog
this week the theme is A TAG
(click the link to read all the details)


Lucky for me because that's all I seam to be making lately
& I'm loving it, (don't know how long this TAG craze will last,
 but there is  no sign of it letting up in the near future) lol


The stamps I used today are,
Tim Holtz,( birds, sentiment & script)
Wendy Vecchi, (splatter background) 
& Paper Artsy (twiggy tree)

Tim Holtz alterations die (branch tree)
& it has been put through one of Tim's fab texture fade folders
& covered in crackle paint (rock candy)


The birds in the tree I drew free hand,
(I have saved a template in case I need a bird again)
but I struggled with drawing the wings,
couldn't seam to get the right shape,
so I chucked it to one side &
moved on to looking through my punches for
the leaves for the tree,
& look what I found, the blue punch is a
perfect wing shape me thinks lol


The distress ink I used are,
brushed corduroy, forest moss,
peeled paint, mustard seed, wild honey,
spiced marmalade & rusty hinge,
(all graduated in the back ground
to give the illusion of the autumn sun)

Archival inks I used are,
jet black & coffee.


I am also using this tag as a catch up for the
compendium of curiosities challenge
(as I am still behind lol)
this one is for the distress crackle
that was way back in week 9
as I put a layer of rock candy paint on the tree.


I relay enjoyed making this one,
hope you like it.

I see I have picked up 2 new followers
that makes 50 (yippee)
I always get so excited when I get new followers,
so a big thank you to each and every one of you,
as I have now hit the half century
(no, not in age, not quite, but in followers) lol.

I would also like to let you know,
I am fighting fit & back to normal from my Operation
(won't be wearing a bikini any time soon though )lol

Sorry for not posting any tip or technique Tuesdays in a while,
I think I am going to wrap it up,
& post hints & tips as I go on posts relating to them,
instead of waiting for a Tuesday,
I hope that you are all OK with this.

Well that's about it from me for today,
thanks for stopping by,
have a crafty day,
Kat x.

6 comments:

  1. GREAT tag, Kat! But, then, I'm a tag junkie ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag! You reminded me that I need to get moving on that challenge.Tags are so fun to make. Congrats on 50 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful autumn tag...love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag. Love the layers of leaves and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your works, they are so delicate. This tag is gorgeous too. Congratulations and greetings from Spain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails