Monday 25 October 2010

TIP or TECHNIQUE TUESDAY ****BOTTLE CAP****

Hi all,
I have had a few questions in the comments
about the bottle cap embellishment I made for this tag,
So I thought I would talk you through it,



Yes it is a normal bottle cap from beers
that were consumed at my Nephews 21st birthday party,
I was going around collecting them from everyone,
(by the end of the night I had
everyone coming to me, my pockets were stuffed)


Here's just a few to show you.


I have used the same type of cap for this demo as I used for the tag
(just to keep it simple)


It's silver on the outside & gold on the inside,


I used my bug with plates A & C
to do the initial squish,


Run through once,


This is what it comes out like,
(it's OK but not quite neat enough for me yet)


I took my pliers
& gently squeezed the last bits, to even it all out.


here's a different angle,


this is what the underside looks like,


There's a rubbery plastic part, you can leave it in if you wish,
but I wanted the gold to show
so I pulled it off,


the remaining glue, I found came right off
 if you scratched it with your finger nail,


I chose to cut a clock from Tim's lost & found paper stack,


Glue it on with glossy accents,



I pushed a poky tool through the middle
(watch your fingers)
then added a game spinner.

I hope I have explained that clear enough,
& I hope you all find this useful,

next time you have a party save the bottle caps,
there's so many things you can do with them,
& the best part is, there free,

I would love to hear what you think,
& know what you would use them for,
please leave me a comment,
I always look back on posts (about a month or so)
 to see if there are any new comments,
(I hope that doesn't make me come off as being to desperate lol)
I do love to here from you.

well that's it for today,
thanks for stopping by,
Kat x.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I don't know if I will try it (don't have any caps), but it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I've seen the caps used before, but I like how you squished yours down. I'll definately try this one, I'd use them on different projects, maybe canvas, wood plaques. etc. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails