Thursday 4 November 2010

SHOW SOMETHING SHABBY

This week over at simon says stamp and show
the theme is SHOW SOMETHING SHABBY
hop over there to read all the details,

here's my entry,


I have wanted to use this paper for so long,
I hacked the edges with Tim Holtz distresser,
then inked them to shabby it up,


I stuck that to a hacked up piece of corrugated card
painted with green patina Eco friendly acrylic paint,


the flowers were given to me by my auntie Den years ago
(she thought I would able to use them one day for something)

sadly she is no longer with us,
(It's coming up to the 1st anniversary of her passing)

the flowers fell out of the cupboard on my head the other day
while I was looking for something for this project,
(I like to think it's her way of letting me know shes still around)


I used various bits & bobs for this wall hanging
& looking at the finished piece it is SO auntie Den
from the colours to the cameo I used,
(funny how things work out like that.)
hope you like it.

I'm off to link it all up
back soon Kat x.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I'm glad they fell on you head cause that flower cluster is STINKING GORGEOUS!!! thanks you Auntie Den!! Hang it with PRIDE girl!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails