Wednesday 4 August 2010

WHAT CAME FIRST THE DUCK OR THE SHADOW BOX ?

Well it was actually the DUCK,
He was sitting in a cabinet in a charity shop, all on his lonesome with a price tag around his neck bigger than he was, how could I resist.
I knew I had a bull rush stamp sitting at home that I had never used and knew it would be perfect to accompany him inside a shadow box.
From This.

To This.

                      In less than 4 minuets ( I love it when that happens )

All I did was cut a piece of card to fit in the frame, used a brayer & a big & juicy ink pad (hydrangea) for the background masking off a little circle for the moon first. then with black archival ink pad, stamped bull rushes, birds & grasses as pictured. Popped the duck on the ledge (not fixed so he can have a swim around if he wants to) LOL. I put the stamped piece in the frame & closed the back up. I haven't decorated the frame yet as I am still unsure on colouring it or leaving it natural, what do you think?
All the stamps used today come from Clarity stamps.Barbara Gray is a fantastic stamp designer, as well as an inspirational card maker, check her out here clarity stamp.co.uk
Well that's it for today I'm off to chill in front of TV Kat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails